We are excited to announce that our first ever Treasure Hunt is going to be launched in Cheltenham on 11th June 2022 at 2.00pm, starting at Montpellier Gardens.
What is a Treasure Hunt?
Treasure Hunt is an exciting feature that we at Venubox came up with when designing our mobile app. It offers Venubox App users an opportunity to take part in a treasure hunt to win cash prizes! Each Treasure Hunt we create will be available to join via the Venubox Mobile app, whereby users will be able to join the hunt, find the starting point via our News & Media Events page, or by following us on social media. When the Treasure Hunt begins, we will start sending clues to your device to find a local venue, albeit a hospitality venue, or a place of local interest. The Venubox mobile app will track your location, and as you find the venue that the clue lead you to, the next clue will arrive. The person who arrives at the venue first wins the main cash prize, and there will be runners up prizes. It is that simple!
What could I win?
For our Cheltenham Treasure Hunt our prizes will be as follows:
1st Prize is £250
2nd Prize is £100
3rd Prize is £50
How do I participate?
Firstly, you will need to install the Venubox mobile app. It is available for both Android and Apple iOS devices and can be found by either searching for “Venubox” in either the Google Play Store, or the AppStore, respectively, or by clicking the links shown here or at the bottom of this web page.
Secondly, you will need to sign-in to the Venubox mobile app. We made this frictionless for you by offering you the chance to sign-in via your Google account, or via Facebook or Twitter authentication. These methods also start the creation of your profile, but manual registration with an email address and password is also supported. To complete your registration, you will be automatically directed to your profile where you can add your mobile phone number. Once entered, you will be sent a text message (SMS) with a code to enter to verify your identity. Then your profile is complete!
Thirdly, you can now click the diamond in the middle of the Venubox menu at the bottom, and browse to find a local Treasure Hunt, in this case, navigating to Cheltenham Treasure Hunt as per the sequence below from left to right. The count down timer will run until the Treasure Hunt starts at 2.00pm on 11th June 2022, and then will be replaced with a button enabling you to enrol.
Lastly, be at Montpellier Gardens which can be located at 24 Montpellier Spa Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1UL. Head to the centre of the park close to the Montpellier Garden Cafe, In The Park and The Band Stand and when the countdown timer for the Treasure Hunt completes, you can click to join and your first clue will be delivered, and your registration to participate recorded.
Follow the subsequent 8 clues which will provide hints at another destination for you to find in the local vicinity on foot. This is important, as anyone that is travelling by vehicle will be voided from the cash prizes. Remember, we know where the locations are, and how much time it takes to travel between them on foot!
Handy Tip: Use the Venubox Map to help guide you to find venues that the clues are guiding to, especially if you are less familiar with the area. The map can be located by clicking the home page icon in the bottom menu in the Venubox app, and then clicking map, as per the screenshot below.
When you arrive at the final destination, you will get a message to say you have found the final destination, and will find a Venubox Team Member there to greet you, and arrange for payment of your prize! They will be wearing Vebubox branded t-shirts, so you will not miss them!
Verification will be required that your mobile device upon which you entered was in fact the first device to arrive at the venue. This is tracked automatically, and will only take a few minutes to complete. We will also verify the time taken between venues to ensure that as per our Terms & Conditions (presented at the bottom of this page), participation in the Treasure Hunt was undertaken on foot. Payments of the prize money will be completed using BACS payment transfer. No Venubox Team members will be carrying cash or valuables for personal safety reasons.
Good luck, and we look forward to seeing you on the day!
Terms & Conditions
- Open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, Venubox Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including any third-party promotional partners.
- Competition closes when the first, second and third place Treasure Hunt winner has been verified. There will be three winners, with one prize per winner. First Prize is £250, Second Prize is £100 and third prize is £50. Payment will be made payable via BACS transfer to each winners’ account.
- The winners will be verified, at the final venue destination, alongside with evidence that they were at each correct venue which each clue led them too. Verification will include a photograph of them outside of each venue, where both themselves and the venue can be clearly, and unambiguously seen and validated. We will also verify the winning order by checking, a) the device which arrived first, second or third through our backend physical location tracking, b) assessing the time travelling between venues, to ensure the Treasure Hunt was completed on foot, and not by way of transportation which would be an unfair advantage for genuine participants.
- Entry to the Treasure Hunt is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Winners may be required to provide valid identification before receiving their prize, to confirm validity of their entry.
- Venubox Ltd reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. Venubox Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The Venubox Team present at the final venue decision is final and binding on the entrants to the Treasure Hunt, and the chosen winners. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Venubox Ltd.
- Venubox Ltd will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of Venubox Ltd or its employees,Venubox Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- Venubox Ltd reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. Venubox Ltd reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.